OT: ANN: rulestats - spamassassin and rspamd daily rule statistics
Christian Rößner
2016-07-20 07:17:17 UTC
Hi,

I was interested which spamassassin (including dspam) and rspamd rules are used in my mail system and I needed some statistical output. For this, I have written two little helper scripts that can be put into logrotate. They will produce reports for each filter.

https://github.com/croessner/rulestats

The provided examples show reports for both filters.

Thanks for feedback. Have fun...

Christian
--
Erlenwiese 14, 36304 Alsfeld
T: +49 6631 78823400, F: +49 6631 78823409, M: +49 171 9905345
USt-IdNr.: DE225643613, https://www.roessner-network-solutions.com
Robert Schetterer
2016-07-20 15:59:00 UTC
Post by Christian Rößner
Hi,
I was interested which spamassassin (including dspam) and rspamd rules are used in my mail system and I needed some statistical output. For this, I have written two little helper scripts that can be put into logrotate. They will produce reports for each filter.
https://github.com/croessner/rulestats
The provided examples show reports for both filters.
Thanks for feedback. Have fun...
Christian
hm looks like it only related to amavis setups, not i.e pure
spamass-milter but however very good idea

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer
--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München

Christian Rößner
2016-07-20 17:20:51 UTC
Post by Robert Schetterer
Post by Christian Rößner
Hi,
I was interested which spamassassin (including dspam) and rspamd rules are used in my mail system and I needed some statistical output. For this, I have written two little helper scripts that can be put into logrotate. They will produce reports for each filter.
https://github.com/croessner/rulestats
The provided examples show reports for both filters.
Thanks for feedback. Have fun...
Christian
hm looks like it only related to amavis setups, not i.e pure
spamass-milter but however very good idea
Does spamass-milter log rules and scores to syslog? If so, it is easy to tweak the PATERN variable in the script.

Next step is storing data in PostgreSQL per day. This allows sorting for different criteria and you have long term stats.

Robert Schetterer
2016-07-20 20:38:33 UTC
Post by Christian Rößner
Post by Robert Schetterer
Post by Christian Rößner
[...]
lets do it offlist, its not pure postfix stuff , perhaps after patching
an anounce to the spamassassin/amavis lists should be done too

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer