converting from Mail Enable to Postfix
TC
2004-08-30 04:30:24 UTC
Hello,

I am currently running a mail server on a Windows machine using Mail
Enable (standard) and I want to change to linux and I'm thinking of using
Postfix.

I have a couple of questions.
1) Is there a way to convert the Mail Enable user files? Ie: user folders
and there messages so that Postfix will can handle them?

2) With Mail Enable All the servers (SMTP, POP3, IMAP) are included is that
the same for postfix? At some points it seems yes and other times no.

I'm looking for a simple to administer but still flexable.

Right now I have ME set up so that
@domain1
@domain2
. . .
@domainX

are the same
ie ***@domain1 and ***@domainx are the same reason this is mostly just for
me and a few others and that's easier then keeping everything seperate like
it should be :) I'm getting a bit confused. while reading postfix's website
and user sites because I'm new to the linix side.

Any thoughts and other resources would be appreated.

Thanks,

TC
m***@gmail.com
2016-10-17 16:51:56 UTC
Hi,

Did you find any easy way to do this? I'd like to do the same, but I don't have an easy way to move all configs and emails...

Thank you.