OT: ANN: S/MIME signing milter (for Postfix)
Christian Rößner
2016-07-13 13:45:28 UTC
Hi,

I developed a S/MIME signing milter that can be used with Postfix. It features a simple map file, where you can define email addresses and corresponding certs/keys. If a mail arrives, the milter checks the MAIL FROM address and looks up the map file. If it finds a record, it signs the mail with S/MIME.

The milter is written in C++ (14. Probably 11 will work as well).

I tested it on Mac OS X and Gentoo Linux. Readmes and Man-pages are included. Feel free to give it a try:

https://signing-milter.org (Thanks to Andreas Schulze for the home)

Code: https://github.com/croessner/sigh

Feedback very welcome

Christian
--
Erlenwiese 14, 36304 Alsfeld
T: +49 6631 78823400, F: +49 6631 78823409, M: +49 171 9905345
USt-IdNr.: DE225643613, https://www.roessner-network-solutions.com
Christian Rößner
2016-07-13 14:08:55 UTC
Post by Christian Rößner
I developed a S/MIME signing milter that can be used with Postfix. It features a simple map file, where you can define email addresses and corresponding certs/keys. If a mail arrives, the milter checks the MAIL FROM address and looks up the map file. If it finds a record, it signs the mail with S/MIME.
The milter is written in C++ (14. Probably 11 will work as well).
https://signing-milter.org (Thanks to Andreas Schulze for the home)
Code: https://github.com/croessner/sigh
I forgot: The name "sigh" is an idea from Patrick Ben Koetter.
Benny Pedersen
2016-07-13 14:16:15 UTC
Post by Christian Rößner
Post by Christian Rößner
I tested it on Mac OS X and Gentoo Linux. Readmes and Man-pages are
https://signing-milter.org (Thanks to Andreas Schulze for the home)
Code: https://github.com/croessner/sigh
I forgot: The name "sigh" is an idea from Patrick Ben Koetter.
what gentoo overlay is it in ?

soon to see sigh.epub :=)

is it basicly what https://protonmail.com/ do already ?
Christian Rößner
2016-07-13 14:20:16 UTC
Post by Benny Pedersen
Post by Christian Rößner
Post by Christian Rößner
https://signing-milter.org (Thanks to Andreas Schulze for the home)
Code: https://github.com/croessner/sigh
I forgot: The name "sigh" is an idea from Patrick Ben Koetter.
what gentoo overlay is it in ?
soon to see sigh.epub :=)
is it basicly what https://protonmail.com/ do already ?
Marc Schiffbauer from sys4 AG just does a review on the ebuild. I guess, it will arrive soon in Portage.

Christian
Robert Schetterer
2016-07-13 15:51:13 UTC
Post by Christian Rößner
Hi,
I developed a S/MIME signing milter that can be used with Postfix. It features a simple map file, where you can define email addresses and corresponding certs/keys. If a mail arrives, the milter checks the MAIL FROM address and looks up the map file. If it finds a record, it signs the mail with S/MIME.
The milter is written in C++ (14. Probably 11 will work as well).
https://signing-milter.org (Thanks to Andreas Schulze for the home)
Code: https://github.com/croessner/sigh
Feedback very welcome
Christian
Hi Christian, do you plan SMIMEA Support on the long run ?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dane-smime-02

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer
--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München

Christian Rößner
2016-07-13 18:23:11 UTC
Hi Robert :-)
Post by Robert Schetterer
Post by Christian Rößner
Hi,
I developed a S/MIME signing milter that can be used with Postfix. It features a simple map file, where you can define email addresses and corresponding certs/keys. If a mail arrives, the milter checks the MAIL FROM address and looks up the map file. If it finds a record, it signs the mail with S/MIME.
The milter is written in C++ (14. Probably 11 will work as well).
https://signing-milter.org (Thanks to Andreas Schulze for the home)
Code: https://github.com/croessner/sigh
Feedback very welcome
Christian
Hi Christian, do you plan SMIMEA Support on the long run ?
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dane-smime-02
I must think about this. Currently we (Patrick Ben Koetter) and I have developed a pure SMIMEA milter that is already available on Github. At the other hand, I decided to use C++ for this milter, because I wanted to be able to easily extend the milter in OOP.

If I get feedback that people are interested in a full crypto milter (signing and decrypting) and with SMIMEA support, I would go this direction. But first I need some response, if the current milter works as expected. And please, if there are some coders here, make a review of the code and let me know, if you find issues.

I also could include databases like LDAP or SQL. This is a first release, which covers basic usage.

Kind regards

Christian