mail server blacklisted by gmail
fugee ohu
2020-01-16 21:55:12 UTC
My mail server can't send to gmail addresses At this link google says DKIM isn't set up but when I follow the link for more info it says I don't have to set it up, google does it automatically So is the yellow triangle with exclamation mark meaning this is the reason my mail server's blacklisted?

https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx/check?domain=mail.servicemouse.com&dkim_selector=
j***@gmail.com
2020-01-17 17:32:27 UTC
Hi what kind of mail server is it first unix linux etc
Pierre F.
2020-01-17 19:59:22 UTC
Post by fugee ohu
My mail server can't send to gmail addresses At this link google says DKIM isn't set up but when I follow the link for more info it says I don't have to set it up, google does it automatically So is the yellow triangle with exclamation mark meaning this is the reason my mail server's blacklisted?
https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/checkmx/check?domain=mail.servicemouse.com&dkim_selector=
Looking at your link and visiting your mail.servicemouse.com, it looks like you have quite of few things to fix. My suggestion would be to start by reading carefully the install guides of the service you chose (seems to be Mail-in-a-Box) and possibly asking on their forum for configuration advice. Please be aware of the risks associated with running a poorly configured email server out in the open.

With respect to your question, Gmail will not sign an incoming email that originated from a server they don't control as the whole point of SPF / DKIM is for the domain owner to certify that the email is coming from a known server. If you want your emails to be DKIM signed, you need to configure your server for that. As for the SPF-related warning, that's a dns record that you need to create.
fugee ohu
Thanks Can you check again I added the SPF record long ago Now I've just added DKIM signing and DMARC I'm all finished with what the guides I read said to do so please have a look for me again
fugee ohu
2020-01-18 06:15:23 UTC
Post by Pierre F.
Post by fugee ohu
[...]
Well I got it all working by following a guide that I found I can send mail to gmail addresses now Thanks