SASL with/without TLS in logs
Wietse Venema
2016-07-07 17:04:12 UTC
However, I would like to find sooner or later clients that don't use
STARTTLS befoe authentication.
How can I configure postfix to see differences in logs?
Assuming that no sane client sends AUTH *before* sending STARTTLS,
all you need is to set "smtpd_tls_loglevel=1" in main.cf (and do
"postfix reload") to log the completion of the STARTTLS handhake.

Wietse
Marek Salwerowicz
2016-07-07 19:34:53 UTC
Post by Wietse Venema
However, I would like to find sooner or later clients that don't use
STARTTLS befoe authentication.
How can I configure postfix to see differences in logs?
Assuming that no sane client sends AUTH *before* sending STARTTLS,
all you need is to set "smtpd_tls_loglevel=1" in main.cf (and do
"postfix reload") to log the completion of the STARTTLS handhake.
Thanks a lot !

Marek
Post by Wietse Venema
Wietse