majordomo + postifx + virtual domains + mysql... close
p***@quantum-radio.net
2016-07-05 15:03:52 UTC
Can anyone see what I’m doing wrong please?
I’m obviously missing something to do with the transport. But, I’m going crosseyed looking at this now. So I’m probably missing something really simple.
thanks
Robert

mysql-virtual-aliases.db

majordomo ***@quantum-radio.net

master.cf

majordomo unix - n n - 50 pipe
flags=R user=_majordomo argv=/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.5/wrapper majordomo -o SENDER=${sender} -m USER=${user} EXTENSION=${extension}

mail.log output
Result

Jul 5 15:49:18 zeus postfix/pickup[54295]: 4DDE437F062A: uid=501 from=<robert>
Jul 5 15:49:18 zeus postfix/cleanup[54347]: 4DDE437F062A: message-id=<***@zeus.quantum-radio.net>
Jul 5 15:49:18 zeus postfix/qmgr[54296]: 4DDE437F062A: from=<***@zeus.quantum-radio.net>, size=368, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Jul 5 15:49:18 zeus postfix/qmgr[54296]: warning: connect to transport private/"/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.5/wrapper majordomo": No such file or directory
Jul 5 15:49:18 zeus postfix/error[54349]: 4DDE437F062A: to=<***@quantum-radio.net>, orig_to=<majordomo>, relay=none, delay=0.1, delays=0.08/0.01/0/0.01, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (mail transport unavailable)

mailq
-Queue ID- --Size-- ----Arrival Time---- -Sender/Recipient-------
F224A37F04ED 368 Tue Jul 5 15:43:40 ***@zeus.quantum-radio.net
(mail transport unavailable)
Thanks Wietse,
I’ll start looking in those areas. I can see that allowing commands would be a problem.
Robert
This is the problem line that can't be put in anything but the
standard /etc/aliases file. Or the majordomo.aliases file.
majordomo: "|/path/to/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"
With Postfix, command execution requires that you use the local(8)
delivery agent (alias_maps or .forward file) or the pipe(8) daemon.
Allowing commands elsewhere would introduce a vulnerability that
was exploited by the Internet worm from 1998.
Wietse
Wietse Venema
2016-07-05 15:57:48 UTC
Post by p***@quantum-radio.net
Jul 5 15:49:18 zeus postfix/qmgr[54296]: warning: connect to transport private/"/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.5/wrapper majordomo": No such file or directory
You configured transport_maps incorrectly.

Look at the output from:

postmap -q ***@quantum-radio.net $(postconf -h transport_maps)

It should be just "majordomo:" without the quotes.

Wietse
p***@quantum-radio.net
2016-07-06 07:03:11 UTC
Well, I got that bit working easily enough, but I’ve given up on the whole thing.

I can find no way of getting it all to work together. Unless I use the standard /etc/aliases file, which I can’t do, I can’t get it to work.

It has to be able to run
/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.5/wrapper majordomo
through a pipe from the aliases file.

Time to look at mailman.

Thanks for the input.

Robert
Wietse
Norton Allen
2016-07-06 17:04:40 UTC
@Norton Allen
Thanks for that info. I thought it would do it. And, I was happy to
hear that someone else has actually got it working :-)
I have this now in main.cf
alias_maps=
hash:/etc/aliases
alias_database=
hash:/etc/aliases
All I have in the aliases file now is the majordomo aliases and pipe.
majordomo:"| /usr/local/majordomo-1.94.5/wrapper majordomo"
majordomo-=owner:owner-majordomo
#lists
Nothing active in master.cf and nothing else related active in main.cf
A test mesage
echo ‘lists’ | mail owner-majordomo simply bounces right back -
ignoring the aliases file. as does to just majordomo
mail for zeus.quantum-radio.net
<http://zeus.quantum-radio.net> loops back to myself
Reporting-MTA: dns; zeus.quantum-radio.net <http://zeus.quantum-radio.net>
Arrival-Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 16:04:28 +0100 (BST)
So really - Short of putting the postconf - n output up, Which is very
long - I’m stumped.
The aliases file is being ignored it seems. still.
Thanks though,
cheers
Robert
It looks like you need to properly configure myhostname and/or
mydestination in main.cf. Postfix does not recognize that it is supposed
to handle mail for both quantum-radio.net and zeus.quantum-radio.net
using the local transport.

Also you don't mention how ***@quantum-radio.net is aliased.
p***@quantum-radio.net
2016-07-07 07:14:33 UTC
Found the sticky problem. There was a commented out line in “mydestination” that continued to a second line, and that second line was not commented out.

like this

#mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, localhost, $mydomain,
mail.$mydomain, www.$mydomain

Fixed, and now on to the next step

thanks for the pointers everyone. Most helpful.
Robert