Single to virtual domains tutorial
Danny Horne
2016-08-01 11:31:33 UTC
Hi all,

Can someone point me to an easy to understand tutorial on reconfiguring
Postfix from serving a single domain to serving virtual domains? Here's
my setup -

Postfix 3.1.1
Uses Unix system accounts
Dovecot IMAP server
TLS / DKIM / DMARC used

Probably other stuff I've forgotten, if you need more info let me know

Thanks for looking
/dev/rob0
2016-08-01 14:01:24 UTC
Post by Danny Horne
Can someone point me to an easy to understand tutorial on
reconfiguring Postfix from serving a single domain to serving
virtual domains? Here's my setup -
Hi Danny, did you try:

http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html ?
Post by Danny Horne
Postfix 3.1.1
Uses Unix system accounts
Dovecot IMAP server
Simplest choice would be the virtual ALIAS example, so users can
continue to use IMAP and authentication as before.
--
http://rob0.nodns4.us/
Danny Horne
2016-08-01 16:27:21 UTC
Post by Danny Horne
Postfix 3.1.1
Uses Unix system accounts
Dovecot IMAP server
Simplest choice would be the virtual ALIAS example, so users can
continue to use IMAP and authentication as before.
Thanks for the reply

I want to make all the domains virtual, so where it says 'NEVER list
a virtual alias domain
<http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html#virtual_alias_class> name
as a mydestination
<http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mydestination> domain!' I could
put something like 'localhost' for that entry?
/dev/rob0
2016-08-01 17:53:50 UTC
Post by Danny Horne
Post by Danny Horne
Postfix 3.1.1
Uses Unix system accounts
Dovecot IMAP server
Simplest choice would be the virtual ALIAS example, so users
can continue to use IMAP and authentication as before.
I want to make all the domains virtual, so where it says 'NEVER
list a virtual alias domain
<http://www.postfix.org/ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html#virtual_alias_class>
name as a mydestination
<http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#mydestination> domain!' I
could put something like 'localhost' for that entry?
That's what I do ...

append_dot_mydomain = no
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost, lists.example.org

and in virtual_alias_maps:

***@virtual.alias.example ***@localhost

See also for reference:

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#append_dot_mydomain