OT: ISP just gave be 13 days to switch IPs
Ben Greenfield
2016-07-27 15:01:55 UTC
I know this isn’t a specific postfix question but I’m hoping to get some good advice from others who have been in this spot before.

I just got noticed that my IP address of 14 years is being revoked in less then 2 weeks. I can imagine the work I need to do but I’m wondering what I’m not thinking about.

I think my best course of action is to as quickly as possible start to publish alternative IPs for mail delivery. I have DMARC and DKIM set-up and I’m currently use strict for the evaluation.
I think I should also set-up some MX records for my new IP.

Is there anything else I can do to help my reputation as a mail server?

My fear is that as soon as google, yahooo, hotmail, … see mail from my domain on a new ip they will start to reject my mail.

Is that a valid fear?

What should I be worried about doing.

Thanks,

Ben
Giles Coochey
2016-07-27 15:07:12 UTC
[...]
Perhaps switch to using your ISPs mail gateways to avoid this problem in
the future.
Benny Pedersen
2016-07-27 15:19:33 UTC
Post by Giles Coochey
Perhaps switch to using your ISPs mail gateways to avoid this problem
in the future.
assume thay have one, its not so here in danmark, isps only allow own
domains senders to relay sending email, it was before if a isp custommer
have a ip in isp relaying mail was then allowed no matter what the
sender domain was, that is changed now, isp can see there problem in spf
:=)

so no isp mail unless one wants to use there problematic dkim records
for repution tracking if thay have one
Robert Schetterer
2016-07-27 17:01:39 UTC
Post by Ben Greenfield
I know this isn’t a specific postfix question but I’m hoping to get some good advice from others who have been in this spot before.
I just got noticed that my IP address of 14 years is being revoked in less then 2 weeks. I can imagine the work I need to do but I’m wondering what I’m not thinking about.
I think my best course of action is to as quickly as possible start to publish alternative IPs for mail delivery. I have DMARC and DKIM set-up and I’m currently use strict for the evaluation.
I think I should also set-up some MX records for my new IP.
Is there anything else I can do to help my reputation as a mail server?
My fear is that as soon as google, yahooo, hotmail, … see mail from my domain on a new ip they will start to reject my mail.
if your spf , dkim , reverse dns etc is ok
they wont reject you by simply having a new ip ( hopefully the new one
isnt blacklisted before by unknown reason ), but sometimes they slow you
down if you deliver lots of mail per some time limit
Post by Ben Greenfield
Is that a valid fear?
What should I be worried about doing.
Thanks,
Ben
Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer
--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München